To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 18-65
- Have a BMI of 25 – 40 for diabetic study volunteers (Click here to calculate)
- Have a Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis within the last 7 years
- Be able to pass a drug test
- Not be a smoker
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding and willing to use contraception if female of childbearing potential
- Refrain from sperm donation during the course of study, if male
- Be on a stable dose for at least 2 months and not be on more than 3 diabetic medications
- Not have a history of pulmonary, gastrointestinal, cardiovascular, hepatic, neurologic, psychiatric, renal, genitourinary, endocrine, metabolic, dermatologic or untreated thyroid disease
- Not have a history of cancer (excluding basal cell carcinoma of the skin, surgically removed squamous cell carcinoma of the skin with no recurrence for 12 months)
- Not have a history of High Blood Pressure
- Not dieting or using medications for weight loss in the past 2 months
- Not have HIV, Hepatitis B, or Hepatitis C
- Not have had COVID-19 infection requiring hospitalization within the past 30 days
- Not have received any live vaccine in the past month
- Any significant blood loss, donation of 1 unit (450 mL) or more of blood or received a transfusion of any blood or blood products within the past 2 months
- Not be a current smoker of more than 5 cigarettes per day
- Not have been in another study in the past month
- This study has additional criteria, and you must call 210-949-0122 to verify eligibility.
PLEASE NOTE: Please confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122
Transportation may be available. Call 210-949-0122 Compensation up to $2,925 is available for time and travel.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.