To qualify for this study, participants must:
- Be 18 years old or older
- Have heart conditions such as:
- Acute coronary syndrome
- Heart attack
- Coronary revascularization including coronary artery bypass, stent placement or other procedures to increase blood flow through arteries.
- Cerebral arterial revascularization (Surgery that restores blood flow to brain)
- Ischemic stroke
- Must meet one of the below statins criteria (See Table below):
- Currently taking a moderate or high intensity statin
- Currently taking a low intensity statin AND have a previous intolerance to moderate or high intensity (Signs of intolerance could include muscle pains, cramps, aches, or weakness)
- Not currently taking a statin due to intolerance to any intensity of at least 2 different statins
- Not be pregnant or breastfeeding and be willing to take a highly effective form of birth control if female
To qualify for this study, participants must NOT:
- Have a history of familial hypercholesterolemia
- Have a history of:
- heart failure or hospitalization due to heart failure, unstable angina, heart attack, stroke, coronary artery bypass graft (CABG), or percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty in the past 3 months
- Have uncontrolled severe blood pressure (systolic blood pressure >180 mmHg or diastolic blood pressure >110 mmHg)
- Have poorly controlled diabetes
- Has uncontrolled endocrine or metabolic disease known to influence serum lipids or lipoproteins
- Has a history of cancer in the past 3 years (except skin cancer or cervical cancer)
- Have severe renal insufficiency
- Routinely consume more than 3 alcoholic drinks per day
- Be currently participating in or have previously participated in an interventional clinical study in the past 3 months
- Other criteria apply. You must call 210-949-0122 to verify eligibility
PLEASE NOTE: Please confirm your eligibility before your appointment by calling 210-949-0122
If you do not see an available appointment, please call 210-949-0122 for availability.
Transportation may be available. Call 210-949-0122 Compensation up to $1,375 is available for time and travel.
By signing up you agree to receive text messages and emails about this and similar studies near you. You can unsubscribe at any time. Text messages and data rates may apply.